Wednesday, July 23, 2008

#88


In the Spring of 2006, my sister told me of a nonprofit organization that makes blankets for kids in need. The organization, Project Linus, (www.projectlinus.org) has a simple, yet important mission:

1) provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers”
2) provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.

Through a series of fortunate events, the co-chair of the Sacramento Chapter is a shirt-tail relative (my brother-in-law’s nephew’s wife) and I knew her. Since that fateful day, I’ve crocheted 88 afghans for Project Linus. I love what I do. Every blanket I make goes with a message that one person cares! I believe we all need to give back, and this is just one little way I can give back for all the good that has come to me.

No comments: