Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Cards

The Christmas Cards are in the mail. We were slow in getting them out this year. I don't know why as we are as busy as usual. I know I could send cards the easy way--a mass email to all my friends, but somehow, that just does not feel right. I like to look at my Christmas list and think about each person on it. As I think about everyone, I remember what makes each of you so special...then I try to write a couple of sentences. Sending a blanket email does not have the same feeling.

There was a dilemma with our letter this year. Actually, the dilemma was with the envelopes. We found stationary that we liked, but could not find any matching envelopes. Finally, I found one package of 24 green envelopes. That's fine, but I needed more than 24 envelopes. I went to several different stores in town, and each was out of envelopes (unless I wanted chartreuse or puce). Finally, I went digging into my Christmas boxes and discovered a series of "extra" Christmas envelopes from years past. I'm finally justified for saving them...and maybe I'm even getting with the "reuse-reduce-recycle" mode that is going to become so popular. So folks, that's why the letters and the envelopes are mismatched...I'm recycling! That's my story and I'll stick with it.

No comments: