Friday, June 24, 2011

Time Flies

Where does the time go? Recently it has been flying faster than normal (whatever normal is?). My last post was from Slovenia...now I’m in Wyoming...which is more than a world away. About the only things that Slovenia and Wyoming have in common are tall mountains and beautiful mountain scenery. Not much else.

We were in Slovenia 3 lovely days. We discovered the region around Lake Bled. Then all too quickly, the mountain idyll ended and we boarded a plane from Ljubljana Airport to Munich. From Munich we flew directly to Denver, then on to San Francisco and finally home! Once home we needed to get ready for our yearly migration to Wyoming. We finished packing the RV and even though we were jet-lagged, we took 4 days to reach western Wyoming and our other home sweet home in the mountains.

Finally, I’m ready to blog. If you been reading the other DrC’s blog, you already know we are here...he started writing almost immediately. I did not feel the muse.

I learned how to download Keynote files from my iPad to my computer...then I converted the files to PowerPoint and there are 6 PowerPoint slideshows of some of the 3000+ pictures I took while on the Adriatic cruise. If you are interested, and have the time, and a high boredom quotient, click on the links and have some fun. Our first stops were Athens to Delphi which also includes a stop in Corfu (a beautiful place). Next stop was Albania which was a surprise for us. We had seen Albania but never stepped foot there. Onward to Montenegro, Dubrovnik and Korcula, three wonderful stops. I fell in love with the tiny walled town of Korcula, the birthplace of Marco Polo. From there we went to Hvar and Split where we tasted wine and learned more than we needed to about Diocletian’s 3rd Century AD Palace. In Split we left the wonderful little boat and headed inland for Zagreb, Omis, Plitvice Lakes, and Slovenia. The last stops we made were in Slovenia.

I’m not completely finished with my pictures...I still have to put together a slideshow for the Lake Bled area. That will happen soon. In the meantime, here are a few images to whet your appetite.
 Dubrovnik
 Kotor, Montenegro...aka Diagon Alley
 Waterfall at Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia
Changing of the Guard in Athens...before the riots.

No comments: