Monday, September 15, 2008

Away-Home-Away


This blog is called cruztalking because I get to talk on cruises every now and again. Starting on Friday, I'll be one of the cruztalkers on the NCL Jade that sails from Istanbul to Athens. I wonder who the other cruztalkers will be? We do not find out this information until we get on the ship.

To get ready for the cruise, I've been a faithful reader of the Jade Message Board at Cruise Critic. Through that message board, I've linked up with 65 other folks who are going to be on the cruise. We've organized a meet and greet party the second day of the cruise and we've also organized some shore excursions. It will be fun to see the people I've already met online!

I packed my suitcase today; the carry-on gets packed tomorrow. We are leaving a few days early in order to explore Istanbul before the cruise starts. I'm really excited about this trip as I've read about and seen pictures of Istanbul/Byzantium/Constantinople all of my life! We are also making stops at several wonders of the Ancient World as well as touching some wonderful Greek Islands. I hope to stay up to date with my postings.

No comments: