Thursday, May 21, 2009

I-70


Today we drove from Bryce Canyon to Green River, UT. Most of the trip was on I-70, a major interstate highway, going through towns like Richfield and Salina that are very tiny. In Salina, we saw a sign that said "There are NO services between here and Green River, 100 miles away." We did not believe it. Then, we drove the 100 miles and discovered there were no services! There was some gorgeous scenery with lots of hoodoos, sentinels, chimneys and spires.

Tonight we are in Green River. There is a river! (It's not green.) That's about all there is too. We found 2 grocery stores (one without much food), several service stations, a few motels/hotels and 2 campgrounds. The next "big" town will be Grand Junction, Colorado, 100 miles from here. I wonder how big it is? I like small towns, but Green River is far too small and far too remote for me.

No comments: