Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dallas, etc.

We just spent three days in Dallas, where the other DrC had a professional meeting and I got to play. Both of us had fun. The highlight of my time there was visiting a friend and just hanging out. The picture is one of her cats (have you ever tried to take a picture of a cat...they don't sit still). I played Wii for the first time, and while I'll never be an expert cow racer, I did have a lot of fun. 

Everything was going well until we stepped off the last plane at our final destination...that's when my life partner, best friend, aka-my husband, tripped on the tarmac and fell. One minute he was standing--the next minute he was down and bleeding! I forgot to mention it was raining at the time and the ground was very slippery. Airport security was there in a heartbeat. He was walked to a dry place, questioned, and cleaned up by the time the ambulance came to speed him to the ER. The patient is doing fine. He has 2 stitches in his eyebrow, a horrible shiner, and various scrapes and bruises on his head, hands and knees. He's coping, but he has felt better! I could post of picture of the poor guy, but I'll save him the extra pain of having it posted for posterity. 

In the ER he was treated quickly. The x-rays revealed no broken bones. But here's the fun part...I was offered a job! If I agree to accept the job, I'd be providing consulting services about online training to medical doctors. This is a whole new "ball of wax" for me. I'm doing my homework now, researching the position to see if this is something I want to do, can do, and have the time to do. Keep watching this spot to see what happens. 

This is why I labeled the posting "Dallas, etc." You never know what is going to happen do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! We are very glad to know that Dr. C had no serious injuries. Please let him know we hope his recovery is as quick and painless as possible. And you! Another job?!! Will your list of accomplishments ever end? (probably not)

Take care,

Bill & Susan