Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Camping

We are camping in an urban oasis, in the Napa Valley. It’s very civilized camping. You might note that our space is paved, there is a nice lawn, and while you cannot see it, free wifi! What else does the modern urban camper need?

As I was walking around the campground I discovered a herd/flock/mess of Canada Geese. Can you remember when they were an endangered species? They aren’t any more! I was trying to get a close up of the beasts, but all they did was waddle away from me. One of them waddled too far from the group, so it flew back. I was lucky enough to capture part of his landing.




Since it’s been raining, there are puddles all over the place. I like to take pictures of the reflections found in puddles. This picture has the reflection, plus the last vestiges of autumnal leaves. I thought it looked interesting.

No comments: