Monday, April 25, 2011

Birthdays and Easter

This year my birthday fell the day before Easter. When I was a kid, I wanted my birthday to fall on Easter because my mother's birthday fell on Easter. I remember looking up Easter on a Perpetual Calendar and discovering 2000 was "my Easter Birthday" year. That was far too long to wait when I was 7.

Fast forward to 2000, and I had my Easter Birthday! It was exciting. I wondered if it would ever happen again. Easter 2011, is the closest with only a one day discrepancy. Easter 2014 is 3 days off. In fact, the next time Easter and my birthday coincide will be in 2079! WOW! Watch this space and I'll let you know all about it!

If you are interested, click here to see the list of dates. By the way, the earliest date for Easter is March 23 and the latest is April 25.

So, today is Easter. Yesterday was my birthday. All is good.

No comments: