Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Doorways

I’m trying to organize my pictures from the last trip and having little luck! My first problem was moving stuff off my hard drive so I would have room to download the pictures. I have managed to free up 47 gigs of space...so today I downloaded 659 pictures from one SD card...still have another 400 to go. I did not take a ton of pictures on this trip! But, it looks like the ones I took are interesting.

I love to look at doors. In the village of Tangermunde, outside of Berlin, I found some amazing doors. Tangermunde is a restored medieval village. While not everyone has restored their home to 17th century standards, many have. Take a look at these cool doors.
This doorway is dated 1619! You have to take this into perspective! The Pilgrims landed in what is now Massachusetts in 1619. This is an old home! 

This cute doorway looks at a house built in 1618,  just a wee bit older than the previous door and every bit as pretty! 

Not every home has been restored in Tangermunde. Here’s a block that is waiting for some very tender loving care (not to mention a lot of Euros)!
And then, there are some people who have decided that restoring a door to it’s former glory will happen...but it might take some time. In the meantime, enjoy the cat!


No comments: