Friday, July 24, 2009

Back in the USA!


Scenes of Jasper National Park

We are back where the aircard and satellite dish work, the speed limit signs are in mph, and I don’t have to convert liters to gallons to determine mileage. In other words, we’re back in the US of A. It’s nice to have all the conveniences when you camp! (Yes, we are camping, but in style!)

Crossing the US/Canada border was a non-event. We were asked if we had fruit, veggies or meat onboard. Since we are a camper the answer was yes, then I told him how much we had of each. Another guard wanted to see the back seat of the truck. I unlocked the door and he looked in. Lastly, I was asked to show proof of citizenship, so I handed him our much-used passports. After a brief look and a swipe in a computer, they were handed back to me and we were told to have a nice day. It took me longer to write about the event than the event itself.

Our 16 day sojourn into Canada was great fun. We were there during one of the biggest wildflower displays I’ve ever seen, and we saw them ‘just in time’ as the flowers were starting to disappear on the trip back from Jasper. The mountains, always a favorite, were tall and proud, and they will lure me back time and again. I don’t know when, but we’ll be back.

No comments: