Saturday, October 24, 2009

Musings

I spent 3 days in Dallas this week. It’s always fun to go to a “big city” and Dallas is a big city. While I can still drive in urban traffic and maneuver a car in tight spaces I do prefer living in suburban or rural locations, as they are far less hectic and offer room. A big city is fun to visit, but not where I want to live.

I did get to shop at 2 of my favorite places: The Galleria and Highland Park Village. The Galleria is a modern version of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele in Milan, with a hint of GUM in Moscow (I think). It's shiny and glitzy and filled with every store you can think of. I think there is more shopping space in The Galleria than exists in the whole state of Wyoming. Highland Park Village however is a quaint, one of a kind shopping experience. It opened in 1931 and is considered the first shopping center in America. I love the architecture; the shops; and the feeling of the place. If I have the time, I like to walk around HPV then stop at Starbucks and have a latte.

I’m back home in CA readying for a huge trip to Spain in a couple of weeks. And, in case Weed Woman is reading this, I’m packing the “traveling sweater” so watch this space to find out where it is going next.

One more thing: the bird spikes seem to be working, however the last time we saw a Flicker it was pecking away at a WINDOW! Crazy bird!

No comments: