Monday, October 12, 2009

One day later on a morning walk

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday was bright and sunny, today we are waiting for a storm. The clouds are leaden and the air smells differently. Along the way I'm looking for scenes that attract my attention.

As I walked out of our driveway, I was greeted by one of the neighborhood dogs as he tried to lure me up the cypress lined pathway.
A little bit further down the road, I met up with a trio of horses who came by for their morning pet. Sometimes I have carrots for them, but this morning I did not. They did not stay long.

At the halfway point in my walk there is a pond that usually has ducks in it. This morning there were 3 ducks talking to each other.
As I was nearing the end of my walk, I was drawn to the roses. They are near the end of their cycle. The rose hips are ripe, but a few of the blossoms are hanging on for dear life. I wonder if they will be there after the rainstorm.
No exotic travels; no tantalizing adventures; just a quiet day in the country.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I enjoyed the walks.Particularly the horses and mountains. The horses won't stay long once they figure out you forget their treat!