Thursday, November 5, 2009

One More Red Carpet Lounge (RCL)

We're on the road again. This time we're at the RCL in SFO. This RCL is 3000% better than the RCL in Denver which we visited in September. It's serene, clean, quiet, just plain nice. Did I say it was CLEAN. Right now there are more big screen TVs in the lounge than there are people.

Getting here was a bit of a challenge. The TSA lines were horrible and nothing seemed to move with ease...then came the ritual undressing (I guess I should say the security check) -- off with the shoes, jacket, backpack, computer, purse--What would it look like to have naked people in the lines? Somehow the picture of middle aged travelers standing in their birthday suits conjures up an image that the world is not ready to see.

Next stop is Frankfurt, then Madrid, then Malaga. In Malaga we pick up a rental car and drive to our hotel. That will be interesting. We need to find the car, then find the hotel. Watch this space to see how well we do.

A note to WeedWoman--I have the traveling sweater with me. I'll take pix along the way documenting the journey. When we see you next, that sweater will be well traveled! Should I have a sticker or patch or button for each location??

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hope to hear from you soon. You did NOT give me an itinerary this time so I have no idea when you are coming back.

gladysdale said...

Looking forward to your pics of our fabulous Cruise with You. We enjoyed your presentations.