Monday, November 2, 2009

Rain in Spain?


View of Malaga from the Alcazar

I wonder does it really rain on the plain in Spain? We’ll be in Spain on Thursday and maybe we’ll find out. It’s another cruztalk for us; this time the other DrC is working while I’m playing back up support.

Before we board the Navigator of the Seas we’ll spend a few days in the Malaga area. I have 2 day trips planned: one to Granada and the other to Seville. These are places I’ve read about for decades, as they were part of what I had to learn when taking Spanish way back when. I have rented a car; I have Google maps as well as AAA maps, we have International Driver’s Licenses and a good sense of adventure. I think we should be ready to go. The packing starts in earnest tomorrow and we’ll be ready to leave on Wednesday!

For several months I’ve been getting to know about 90 folks who are taking the same cruise, thanks to the Cruise Critic website. The 100 page online conversation we’ve had is extensive as we’ve talked about shore excursions, rental cars, hotels, restaurants and travel in general. We’re supposed to meet a couple at our hotel in Malaga, and once on the ship, we’ll meet the rest of the Cruise Critic writers at a “Meet and Mingle” party, and then throughout the trip there are other adventures that have been planned.

In the meantime watch this space, as we’re on the road again!

The Alcazar in Malaga

No comments: