Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be thankful for. It's been a wonderful year with many outstanding adventures. We have good friends, good health and good times I hope y'all have the same!

I'm slowly digging my way out from under the drift of paperwork that is the result of the loss of one small back pack in Spain. (I shudder to think what I would need to do if more had been stolen!) I have been digging around in my files trying to find receipts for everything. (One receipt I cannot find is for a "travel patch" from Fort Lockroy, Antarctica. It cost $10. It's not an important item, it's just a neat souvenir. I don't think I can get another one. It's gone, like the pack, and that's all there is to it.) Then, for the more tangible stuff, I've been trying to discover replacement costs. Looking up everything on the Internet has made that part of the task easier. With luck, I should be able to file the insurance claims by Monday! Yes, I know it's trite, but I'm thankful this task is coming to a close.

No comments: