Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jet Lag

I’m not sure, but I think it’s a disease…especially if you divide the word  into syllables: dis-ease. We are not at ease! Both of us are suffering from a good case of jet lag. Getting up at normal hours is difficult. Going to bed at normal hours is difficult. We have no idea what time our bodies are on, but we do know they are not on “local time.” Come to think of it…what is local time? (I won’t go there.)

There’s a ton of stuff to do and it’s getting done one small step at a time. I finally put the suitcases away this morning, 2 days after arriving home. The laundry is in the laundry room—it’s started, but who knows when we’ll have the energy to finish it. Like I say, jet lag is a dis-ease!

So while the rest of the world is rooting for either the Colts or the Saints in the SuperBowl, we’re rooting for staying awake long enough to see the game. If we are awake to see the end of it, we’ll be lucky!

Jet lag is one of the prices of travel. It’s not going to stop me from traveling; I just need to be more aware to put a few days of “down time” in my schedule after returning from such a long trip. To that end I have a 9:30 appointment tomorrow. I will make it! I will! I will!

No comments: