Saturday, September 10, 2011

3 more apps!

Here are three more free apps that you might be interested in downloading. I’m having a lot of fun with them.

I just discovered an app for Yellowstone! It’s only for the iPhone now, but the website says the android version is coming. The app gives you information on places to visit, things to do, lodging, where to find food and other services as well as general park information. There’s an excellent map of the Park as well as links to podcasts, Facebook, and Twitter. There’s a lot here to look at and the price is right...it’s free! On the downside, you cannot make reservations from the app, but it does give you phone numbers and maps to each location.

As I was looking for the link to this Yellowstone app, I discovered there are many Yellowstone apps available. I downloaded “Yellowstone National Park, The Official Guide App” but search for Yellowstone Apps and see how many there are available.

There’s also a Grand Teton National Park, The Official Guide App that has the same format as the Yellowstone app. I’m completely delighted with both of these National Park Apps. Next I’m going to explore apps for the NPS in general.

The third fun app is Photosynth. It turns your iPhone camera into a panorama camera! Is that too cool! Here’s a shot of the Tetons I took the other day! There’s no way I could get this much “mountain” in a regular photo.

No comments: