Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Floating City


Yesterday afternoon I toured the Diamond Princess trying to discover some more of her nooks and crannies. I discovered 5 swimming pools, 8 or 10 hot tubs, 2 more bars, several hidden terraces for sunbathers, as well as the tennis court and the putting green! Then I found the outdoor Chess set, a few more shuffleboard courts and more table tennis tables.



On the inside of this ship, I found the entrance to Lotus Spa Pool for adults only (pictured above), the teen center and a science center for kids as well as another video arcade and a private balcony off Skywalkers Lounge. I knew there was more to discover, but I grew weary and it was 3:30 which is the time the home made ice cream arrives on Horizon Court. Needless to say, I headed for the Horizon Court for two scoops of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and 2 warm toll house cookies. It's amazing how many folks emerge from nowhere and end up at the Horizon Court about 3:30 every day!



No matter where you go there are beautiful things to look at. I enjoy the fish mosaics on Lido Deck. And I guess, Lido Deck says it all...that's life! Our floating city has just about everything you could ask for.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hi E,
I guess you are really busy since you haven't updated since Monday. I hope you are well as you were a bit under the weather last we talked. I've been very sick...two days out of school, and it should have been 5. Slowly recovering I think. Take care, W