Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Two Flowers

Yesterday we had a dandelion, today we have a vinca! It's not exactly wild as I planted the vinca several years ago. The center of the vinca is more complex than I thought...take a look.
The vinca were supposed to creep all over the front garden, but that has not happened. They are exactly where I put them. What's wrong with this picture.
The big old aspens are looking mighty crisp. The baby leaves are that early spring shade of green that I truly love. The understory is starting to leaf out too.
All is not green as there has been a lot of moisture and that brings the mushrooms. I don't think these are edible, but they are interesting to look at.
There is also an interloper in the garden...I bought some hanging plants. Most of the flowers in the basket are pink and red, but there's one white bloom. It's the one that really shows up.

No comments: