Friday, January 14, 2011

Camera musings

As you might know, I now have a DSLR camera, a Canon EOS 60D. It’s a REAL camera with inter-changeable lenses and more bells and whistles than you can imagine. I bought “A Field Guide to the 60D” this weekend. After reading the first 2 chapters, I was on information overload. This camera will do just about everything but the dishes! I am now only reading a few pages at a time, and then testing everything out on the camera as I read. At this rate, I should be finished with the book sometime in December!

Every day I take the camera for a walk in an effort to capture pictures with that illusive morning light. Sometimes I’m really successful, other times, not. The other morning the sky over the marina was outstanding. Not really blue, not really silver...somewhere in between. Then there were all the streaks in the sky, and the glow on water which made for an interesting image, and something that can only be captured in the morning.

From landscape to closeup...there’s nothing better than looking at a pretty duck. This female mallard is not as splashy as her mate, but she has a pretty blue stripe that he does not have. And, for some reason, I think she has a gentle eye!

Keep watching this space...someday I’ll get something really amazing and wonderful.

No comments: