Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Of Blossoms and Mushrooms

I know it’s not spring, but there’s a tree in the park that burst into bloom yesterday! Granted, the weather has been wonderful, but this tree is a bit early.  The other trees are still dressed for winter, as they should be.

As you can see the blossoms are beautiful and they are a welcome treat, as there are not many flowers blooming this time of year.

On the other hand, there are mushrooms. They seem to indicate that it’s damp and gray, unlike the blossoms, but who knows what Mother Nature is up to.

The early morning bird watch has not yielded any big birds. This morning I saw a blue bird, and it actually sat still long enough for me to get a picture of it.

I also saw a quail, but trying to capture a close up of a quail is next to impossible. They move so quickly and I need a steady hand. I’m happy to see quails from afar!


One more day of "Life in the Slow Lane."

No comments: