Monday, August 9, 2010

Gone then Back

We’ve been gone for a few days, visiting Jellystone with our friends. I don’t know how many times we’ve been there, but each visit is a pleasant surprise. This time we saw a grizzly bear walking in the Hayden Valley...that might be the very first time we’ve seen one so close there!

Of course we had to make the traditional visit to Old Faithful. She’s still spouting off every 75-90 minutes. The crowds still line up to see this famous eruption too.

Another must see at the Park is Artist Point. I said I was not going to take any pictures of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone as I have quite a collection, but of course as soon as I got there, I forgot that promise and clicked away.

Of course there were the bison. This old bull was enjoying a peaceful nap while the rest of the herd were meandering in the Hayden Valley.

From there we did a quick tour of the Tetons. The Oxbows were perfect as usual as was Jenny Lake. I had a little treat at Jenny Lake.



A butterfly landed on the window of the truck and she allowed me to take her picture.  It’s rare to see a butterfly’s belly!


So I’m back. I have a ton of pictures to process from France and a few to process from Yellowstone. You can guess what I’ll be doing for the next few days.

No comments: