Sunday, September 16, 2007

OZ minus 1

I'm packed! At least I think I am. The first iteration of packing was a bit of a disaster as I could not zip the suitcase. Right now, the suitcase weighs 38 pounds and I can zip it closed AND the expansion space is not being used. This is good. The next order of business is to pack the carry on suitcases and laptop computer.

I'm used to taking long trips in an RV. For them, we pack our small "house" with all that we need. Packing for a stateroom on a ship is a different order of packing. At least if we forget anything, there's a floating hotel where we can get most of what we need.


We picked up the rental car for the drive to Seattle. It's a 2006 Mazda 6 but it looks like a Ford. It feels like a Ford too. This is not a bad thing. In 1988 I a Probe, which was a Mazda/Ford offspring, so I guess the two companies still have some type of business relationship! It's supposed to be a "full sized car" but my friends, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration!

All we have to do is pack up the rest of the suitcases; pack the car; and head north to Seattle. We are getting excited! We've already made a date too. When we land in San Francisco, I'm going to have lunch with my aunties who live there. I've not seen them since June, so this is a treat!

No comments: